Our group pitch for our game Arsonist Al, although running a bit over time, was rather successful. We split our presentation into four parts, narrative, mechanics, similar games and cost/distribution. This allowed each of our group to go into the presentation individually, edit their part and speak on what they had written about. We combined previous blog posts and did extra research in order to develop the pitch.
My individual contribution including setting up the Prezi, each of the topics within it and the general layout. No one in our group had previously used Prezi but the end result was a well organised pitch.
My section of the presentation was game distribution and cost. This section of the blog required more research than other components. I researched a few different publishers but came across a rather new indie Australian distributer, Good Games Publishing that seemed to fit what I thought our game, as coming from unpublished students, would have better success with. The cost took awhile to arrive at and I used this site to estimate a cost, and though it might not be completely accurate, it would be a starting point to begin play testing. As a group we didn’t mention what the game would actually be made out of but as discussed, being made with plastic would raise the cost. I didn’t take this into account, rather I looked at games I thought were similar and looked at their retail cost. My research into the game publisher was in depth as I looked at their other games and how they made them a success in order to see whether it would work for our prototype. I also investigated how they used Kickstarter and had a look at a really great article about the realistic cost of making and publishing a game.
As a group, our actual presentation went well I believe, it would be good to have more visuals and examples but I believe we made up for it with written and verbal content. So much so that we accidentally went over our time limit!
A link to our Prezi Prototype pitch is here!